1. Meaning, scope, importance and limitation of financial Management Tasks and responsibilities of a Modern finance manager.
2. Financial Analysis: Financial statements – Income statement and Balance-Sheet. Techniques of financial analysis. Ratio analysis, Liquidity, Activity, Profitability and Leverage Ratios.
3. Funds flow analysis-Sources and uses of funds. Preparation of statement of changes in working capital and statement of source and uses of funds.
4. Break even analysis.
5. An introduction study of financial planning and forecasting.
6. Sources of short-term and long terms finance. Equity v/s debt.
7. Working Capital management-concept and significance. Determinants and Estimation of Working Capital, Adequate working capital, Merits and demerits. And Estimation of Working Capital, Adequate working capitals, Merits and demerits.
8. Management of cash and marketable securities.
9. Receivables and inventory management.
10. Elementary study of capital budgeting including methods of evaluating capital expenditure proposal under certainty.
11. Dividend policy.