1. Introduction : Nature & Scope of marketing, importance of marketing, the
marketing concept, selling v/s marketing concept, societal marketing concept,
growth relevance of marketing in India.
2. Marketing Environment : Demographic, Economies, natural, technology,
political, legal & socio-cultural environment : The Indian marketing
3. Buya Behaviour & Marketing Segmentation : Factors influencing Buyer
behaviour, buying decision process, profile and features of Indian consumers,
Market segmentation meaning, levels, basis of segmentation, concept of niche marketing.
4. Managing the Product : Product planning, product mix, deciding product
policy, product lines decision, product differentiation, brand equity packaging,
labelling, concept of PLC, NPD process.
5. Pricing: Factors influencing pricing, pricing objectives, methods of pricing,
6. Marketing Channels, Logistics and Physical distribution: Types of channels,
channel functions, selection of channels, logistics role & types, physical
distribution, objectives and functional areas of physical distribution, physical
distrib in Indian context.
7. Marketing Communication : Meaning and importance, communication
objectives, effective communication, communication process.
8. Promotion Tools : Advertising-meaning, objectives, types of advertising decisions, planning and evaluation of campaign, trends in advertising in India, personal selling- objectives, functions of and principles, public relations
—Importance and methods, Direct marketing concept, sales promotion
—purpose, consumer and dealer promotion methods.
9. Marketing Research and Control: Marketing research-need, techniques and
process, Need and tools of control (elementary Knowledge only).
10.Marketing Challenges : Marketing in the 21st Century, Impact of
globalisation, technological advances and regulation on marketing, challenge of
rural marketing in India, Need and grants of marketing in the service sector in India